Kicking off the first episode of the podcast I talk with my friend Allan Branch about his experiences raising his two children while running a software company in Florida.
We cover topics of homeschooling, not keeping up with the Joneses, and his desires to travel the world on a boat with his family while teaching his kids how to be curious. Allan has a unique perspective on how curiosity is the key to education and lifetime learning. He weaves that into everything that he does with his children. He has an 8 year old and a 6 year old.
Some notable mentions in the show
- Party Line https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_line_(telephony)
- Full Time RVing family http://ditchingsuburbia.com
- Full Time Sailing family http://www.voyagingwithkids.com http://www.sailingtotem.com
- Derek Sivers https://sivers.org/
- AJ Leon http://aj-leon.com/pursuitofeverything/the-life-and-times-of-a-remarkable-misfits/
- Seth Godin http://www.sethgodin.com/sg/
- Give Camp Grand Rapids MI (http://grgivecamp.org/)
How Allan brings home the bacon
Allan’s last word of advice
Be prepared for the reality that children will send you to the highest of highs and the lowest of low places
The post Teaching Curiosity & Lifetime Learning – Allan Branch [Podcast] appeared first on 2 Cent Dad.
Source: 2 Cent Dad